Tuesday, April 9, 2002

Welcome to my new fun:





It's a 2002 Yamaha Vino, Twilight Blue with tan accents. Had it derestricted before I even picked it up, so it does a zippy 35mph on flat ground, and 40 or more going down hills. We picked up a silver (not chrome) half-helmet yesterday, so I'm safe as well as styling. As for the derestriction: Scooters are considered mopeds, and by law have to exceed no more than 25 or 30 mph -- but if you (or your mechanic) removes the two simple restricting bits, it'll go as fast as mine does now. The speed and pickup is important for getting out of tight spots, i.e. that nasty little Civic that "didn't see me" and tried taking a right turn from the left lane. Evaded that one nicely and even got to give her a dirty look.



Scooter karma rules -- someone on a Zuma beeped at me, unfortunately I didn't have the presence of mind to beep back -- I will next time though! I stopped on the way home (from St. Anthony) to fill the gas tank and went from empty to full for a $1.79, so I'm doing my bit for gas conservation, right?



Reminds me of a motorcycle, only it seems a lot more.. fun! Less complicated, too, to be sure. Will have pictures soon enough; it just started to pitter patter rain on me as I was getting home, and the garage is no place for pictures, so I'll take some tomorrow or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment